July 7, 2023: A Note from Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro — We are thrilled to share with you Episode 100 for Margaritas with Marguerita! This show has been an amazing opportunity to share the stories and voices of so many financial experts, entrepreneurs, and authors with our audience. I know you are going to love the star of this important episode!
Today’s Topic: What is the Tao of Self-Confidence — and how can we all get it?
Rita asks Sheena:
- What is the Tao of Self-Confidence?
- What made you decide to write this book?
- Tell us about your background.
- Have you always been self-confident?
- What are 3 key things our audience can take away today to help them feel more confident?
About our guest: Sheena Yap Chan is a keynote speaker, podcaster, consultant, and author on building self-confidence. She currently inspires women through her award-winning podcast called The Tao of Self-Confidence where she interviews Asian women about their inner journey to self-confidence. Her mission is to help Asian Women boost their confidence to live their authentic selves, help Asian Women create a voice in the world, and create a stronger representation for Asian women. Sheena has been featured on MindValley, slice.ca, Marketing in Asia, Manila Times and more. She is also the TOP 100 Filipinos to follow on LinkedIn for inspiration and learning in 2020. She is also the co-author of the International bestselling book Asian Women Who Boss Up. You can learn more about Sheena and connect with her on her website, iTunes, Spotify , and Stitcher. Learn more at sheenayapchan.com.
- About the book: In 2021, women represented 54.3% of the US workforce but only held 35% of senior leadership positions. Of that percentage, only 2.7% of Asian women were seen in management roles. While there have been great leaps for women in the workplace in the last decade, women of color still fall behind. The Tao of Self-Confidence book sets a foundation to help Asian Women start being seen as leaders in work and life rather than by our stereotypes. In order to move forward with true confidence, we must learn the lessons our challenges have taught us and heal our trauma. With an honest and vulnerable approach, Yap Chan discusses and explores the specific challenges our community faces, historically and now in the midst of the pandemic, intergenerational and historical trauma, false stories we tell ourselves, and how we can rise above stereotypes. We’ll tap into our inner joy, celebrate our authentic self, and awaken the leader within. Click here to order your copy of the book!